Monday, December 16, 2013

So, being sore

Man, I love what Crossfit can do to my body.  I love being sore and I love being exhausted.

Today was a work out that is definitely not my strength (tho, that's why I'm going, right?).  All upper body, bench press (I'm tough!) and pull ups.  These are the days I know that I will have to do extra work after, because I know that I will not be able to last as long as I can during most of the other work outs (I wasn't wrong).

That said, these are slowly becoming my favorite work outs.  I may not be putting in as much time, but I am feeling sore quicker.  A group of us decided to run after we finished the upper body work out, and a couple of us agree that our arms just felt like dead weight (or really heavy spaghetti...mmmmmspaghetti).  I enjoy working on my weaknesses and I enjoy overcoming them.

Why is it that I love working on my physical weaknesses, yet I do not believe I am working on my other weaknesses (we will call them life weaknesses, because...well...why not?)?  I am always open to answers, if you have any.

Maybe it is because the physical is easier to measure.  Eh, I doubt that.  I mean really, is it that hard to measure having a job, getting good grades, sleeping well, eating well, having energy...yeah I did not think so.

Maybe it is because the physical stuff is easier.  Again, I am going to have to disagree with myself (really, who wouldn't?).  Walking into the gym for the first time over 18 months ago was a lot harder than most of the stuff I am trying to accomplish outside of the gym.

No, I am pretty sure it is because I do not feel sore.  Of course, like most of my entries, there is always a hidden meaning (not the anti-Caillou rants, those are pretty straightforward).  When I leave Crossfit Latrobe, I either feel wiped out immediately or the soreness comes soon after.  It feels like I have accomplished something.  So far, I am not feeling that sense of "soreness" in a lot of other areas in my life.  Do not get me wrong, I have some really great things going for me (but despite my desire to be positive, the negative things get the most attention, like negative ads in a political race), but I want to feel sore after getting a job, getting good grades,  sleeping thru the night, etc.

I guess I will just have to keep working to get that feeling of soreness, because there is no other option I am willing to accept.

*

*as a public service announcment, don't look up sore in a google image search, if you're looking for soreness.

1 comment:

  1. i read your note to NOT google image search "sore." did it anyway. next time i'll listen.

    ReplyDelete