Saturday, November 23, 2013

So, some of my favorite quotes

You may think this is an easy way out of writing a blog entry, aaaaaanddddd you would be right (I was saving lives last night, aka watching the Pens).  That said here are some of my favorite quotes that I always find inspirational:


“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.
-William Purkey (of course if your daughter tells you that you're a bad singer, maybe you are)


“Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
-Ghandi (I tend to turn this one around and make it about myself)


“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
-Ghandi (he was smart)


"We accept the love we think we deserve." (this one is so powerful to me)
-From The Perks of Being a Wallflower


 “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
-Thomas Edison (Thank you Mr. Suttner, my fourth grade teacher for introducing me to Edison's history)


“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
-Hellen Keller (I would say she has us all beat in the tough life category)


 “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
-Winston Churchill


"Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be"
-Abe Lincoln (My favorite American and one helluva motivator during the roughest time in our great country.  If he could stay positive while half the country wanted him dead, he dealt with his wife  who was a cause of great pain, he lost children, and he battled his own mental demons, then what I'm going thru is a piece of cake, especially since I know I've made up my mind to be happy.)


"Just Keep Moving"
-From someone smarter than I am, Ryan Beth Lynn



2 comments:

  1. "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it." ~Tommy Callahan III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris Farley is always an easy way to forget about the stresses of the world!

    ReplyDelete