Sunday, August 17, 2014

So, is it normal...




Sometimes I wonder about myself. 

Is it normal to:

-want to jam cotton balls in my ears and act like I can not hear my son or daughter ask the same questions over and over and over and...

-enjoy sitting in the dark (hey, I've lived my entire life there) and enjoy the peacefulness...

-completely lose yourself in thoughts about winning the Powerball and how you would spend it, even though you know there is almost zero chance of that happening (I really think I will hit someday)...

-doubt yourself even at the age of 36...

-want your kids to grow out of that frustrating phase and want them to not age at all...

-wonder if I will ever be able to eat whatever I want without gaining weight (unfortunately I already know the answer to this one...boo!)...

-want to go back to college so I can relive such amazing memories as a certain roommate peeing on the answering machine (he's now a father of two)...

-want to go back to college to smack myself when I chose journalism as my major (I'm a moron)...

-think that even though I am getting older, I am invincible...

-think that even though I am getting older, I am weak...

-wonder how I am  going to be able to raise two kids by myself (half of the time)...

And finally...

-want to continually reinvent myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment